This event takes place on October 29th at the Sheraton Four Points in Norwood, MA. It will feature presentations by nutritionist Melinda Dennis, MS, RD, LDN and endocrinologist Partha Sinha, MD and Emma Clerx, intern.
- 1:00 – 1:30 Check-in
- 1:00 – 1:30 Visit with vendors
- 1:30 Lee Graham: Introduction
- 1:40 Dr. Sinha: Maintaining a healthy skeleton in celiac disease
- 2:10 Endocrinology questions & answers
- 2:20 Emma Clerx: How long until truly gluten-free?
- 2:40 Questions & answers
- 2:50 – 3:10 Break, visit with vendors
- 3:10 Melinda Dennis MS, RD, LDN: A summary of current topics (arsenic, probiotics and non-responsive celiac disease)
- 3:40 Nutrition questions & answers
- 3:50 – 4:00 closing
Partha Sinha, MD
Dr. Sinha is a faculty member in the Endocrine Division at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. He received his medical degree as well as a Ph.D. in pharmacology at Tufts University. He did residency in internal medicine at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and fellowship in endocrinology at Massachusetts General Hospital.
Melinda Dennis, MS, RDN, LDN
Melinda Dennis, MS, RDN, LDN is the Nutrition Coordinator for the Celiac Center at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. Diagnosed with celiac disease 26 years ago, Ms. Dennis specializes in the nutritional treatment of patients with gluten-related disorders. She is Founder, former Chairperson and Nutrition Advisor to NCA and serves on the Executive Committee of the Harvard Medical School Celiac Research Program.
Emma is a junior at Harvard University, studying biology and Spanish. She is involved in the Harvard’s Food Literacy Project, where she works to educate her fellow students on where their food comes from, how it is prepared and other relevant topics surrounding food.